OWSTON FERRY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Council held in the Parish Office, Owston Ferry on Thursday February
PRESENT: Cllr. J C Lee, presiding
Cllrs. P Curtis, R Fletcher, Mrs L Howard, D Lawson, I Walker, Mrs P Ward, G Watts and Mrs B Wood.
APOLOGIES: Cllr N North
540 MINUTES The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 25~h January 2007 copies of which had been previously circulated were taken as read. Resolved that the minutes be signed as a true record.
- North Lincs. Council Letter confirming precept request for £14,000 (Fourteen thousand)
- Return of Sustainable settlement survey
3. Letter to Mrs Green re; Dog litter bins on Burnham Road
4. Letter to Haxey parish Council confirming £565 (Five hundred and sixty five pounds) towards cost of scalpings on Haxey Turbary.
5. Letter to M.Storrs confirming grant of £2500 (two thousand five hundred pounds) towards Coronation Hall running costs.
6. Letter to Mr Rule Owston Ferry LIVES group confirming grant of £500 (five hundred pounds)
7. Letter to North Lincs.Council, Building Control Section with new Clerk contact details.
8. Communities 7 local Government Publications new Clerk contact details
9. Chris Docherty returned forms concerning Insurance details
- Letter from Visual Arts Centre re: parish Newsletter
- ERNLLCA info. re: change of address.
PA/2006/1764 Notification of an appeal reference No.APP/Y2003/A/072037277/WF Location: Wilgair Cottage High Street Owston Ferry Appellant: Mr P Sykes
543 BURIAL BOARD
Cllr.Fletcher reported that he had pinned up a copy of the fees and Rules & regulations relating to the cemetery onto the door of the disused Chapel.
544 RECREATION FIELD
Noted that field was very wet but sustainable
Cllr Lawson reported that the new surface for the helicopter is to be laid w/b 26th Feb.
545 CLOSED CHURCHYARD
Cllr Fletcher expressed concern that the two slate gravestones had nor been erected. PCC thought to have had recent meeting.
Also concerned that wire & rope had been left by the Lychgate
Chairman (Cllr Lee) offered to speak to Diane Ekins about concerns. 546 HIGHWAYS & SUNDRY MATTERS Cllr Fletcher complained again about road surface problems:
1. Entrance to Temperton Lane
2. Outside 13 Epworth Road
3. On East Lound Road
Cllr Walker reported that the gulley on Station Road was again blocked.(outside surgery)
Streetlights either malfunctioning or "missing"
- On footpath between Station Road and Tempertons Lane
- Light behind Silver Street Flats need repairing
- No 4 high Street - light out
- No 6 Station Road - timer wrong
Copy of letter from Mr Betts previously circulated to all members of the Council
Cllr Lee suggests that OFRA contact their solicitors for advice. In order to encourage membership they could contact the "Bells" and circulate another letter to parents. The best advice would be to gain enough new members for a quorum + 1. They need sufficient yearly income to pay for their insurance. The Council recognises that the problems have all come to rest on one person. The hard work has been done. Perhaps OFRA could contact the new head-teacher at the school for support. The Council will monitor the situation. Resolved That the Clerk write a letter of support, suggesting that OFRA contact their solicitors in the event of dissolution.
548 CONSULTATION ON AMENDMENTS TO THE MODEL CODE OF CONDUCT FOR LOCAL AUTHORITY MEMBERS.
30 page document to be circulated amongst Councillors for comment.
549 GUNTHORPE ALLOTMENTS
Letter from Mr Bailey Allotment 1 Gunthorpe Mere requesting permission to put up a 2ft. high fence around the allotment to keep out rabbits and dogs. Ref Clause 5(f) of the tenancy agreement.
Resolved That the fence be allowed but that Mr Bailey be advised that large tractors with farm equipment on their linkage need access down the track next to the allotments.
550 DOG WASTE BINS
A number of sites were put forward for new bins. Not al sites have conveniently positioned existing posts.
1. Burnham Road junction with Church Walk
2. Bagsby Road by new housing
3. Epworth Road between High Street and Gas House Lane Clerk to bring information and costings to next meeting (Agenda)